Release of New Credit Interest Rate Statistics
CEIC Indonesia Data Talk - Database Expansion Highlights: Release of New Credit Interest Rate Statistics - March 24, 2015
- The Indonesia Premium Database has been enhanced with the addition of average credit interest rates of commercial banks to non-bank counter-parties sourced from the Indonesia Financial Services Authority (OJK).
- The statistics cover commercial banking interest rates to industrial and non-industrial (e.g. household) credit recipients. Industrial sectors covered by the OJK include agriculture, construction, real estate, education services, and health and social services, among others. Household credit is also provided for differing types of usage, including home ownership, vehicle ownership and shop ownership, among others.
- Average interest rates are provided for both rupiah and foreign currency credit. Generally, foreign currency loans are accompanied by lower interest rates than their rupiah counterparts.
- These statistics complement other interest rate statistics in the CEIC database, allowing users to develop a more complete picture of the interest rate environment in Indonesia.
- These interest rate statistics help users assess the commercial banking credit environment, especially with regards to the cost of capital for various industrial sectors. Evaluated relative to prevailing base rates and to other sectors, these statistics allow users to analyse and make informed conclusions on the credit environment. Discuss this post and many other topics in our LinkedIn Group (you must be a LinkedIn member to participate). Request a Free Trial Subscription. Back to News