CEIC Brazil Data Talk: Release of Federal Public Debt by the National Treasury
December 16, 2013 Database Expansion Highlights
- In line with our thematic research focus on emerging market debt, CEIC Brazil Premium Database extends coverage to facilitate analysis on Brazil's Federal Public Debt market.
- New monthly data on Brazil's Federal Public Debt are now available on the CEIC Database Manager.
- This comprehensive dataset sourced from the National Treasury and break down into domestic and foreign debt provide information on issuances, redemptions, stock, maturity profile and average cost, among others.
- More granular data breakdown are available by indexing factor and by different types of bonds.
- New datasets also include the Direct Treasury, which is a form of investment created by the National Treasury in 2002, in partnership with the BM&FBovespa. The new statistics track the sale of government bonds to individuals over the internet.
- Similar to the Federal Public Debt data, the Direct Treasury Program datasets cover issuances, redemptions, number of registered investors and further breakdown into by gender, region and so forth.